Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Yorkshire Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Top Five Questions relating to Yorkshire Building Society consent to lease

  • Doing everything by the book I’ve been leasing out my house with "consent to let" from Yorkshire Building Society on a standard mortgage for the previous three years. Yorkshire Building Society have just written revoking consent to let if we do not swap to one of their "buy to let" loans.

  • Finding myself in a catch 22 with a Consent to Let mortgage. Reacting to my requisition for consent to let my bank has requested evidence of an executed Assured Shorthold Tenancy before they will grant permission. Is is not the case that if I adhered to their request that I would be breaching the terms of my existing mortgage?

  • My lawyers have served eviction orders on a tenant who had not paid rent. The relevant claims have been served. The tenant's defense for non payment is based on the assertion that I I failed to obtain consent to let my one bed flat from my lender Yorkshire Building Society
  • I cannot locate the form to download "consent to let" on the Yorkshire Building Society website. Could you please email me a link to do it? Many thanks.
  • I took a residential mortgage with Yorkshire Building Society and with my circumstances changing massively in the last six months, can I obtain consent to let. What changes will affect me?
  • I wish to lease out my home. Do I simply send a letter to Yorkshire Building Society asking for consent to let out the home?
  • Is there a fixed or maximum term how long I could rent my property out to a family member with consent to let from Yorkshire Building Society. I no longer want to live in the area and want to buy a new home?
  • I have just recently purchased my home and took out a mortgage with Yorkshire Building Society but my boyfriend has asked me to move in with him. Would I be allowed consent to let?