Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Whistletree (a trading name of TSB Bank plc)? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Examples of recent questions relating to Whistletree consent to let

  • I am looking to emigrate to California . Rather than finding a buyer, I wish to let my current property out, just in case things don’t work out and I decide to return within a couple of years. I have a current mortgage is with Whistletree. Would I be able to refinance with another mortgage provider on a much lower interest rate then apply for Consent to Let once the re mortgage has completed?
  • I got a standard mortgage with Whistletree last November and then had to relocate for work, I am now considering letting my flat out for a few months whilst I am abroad. Am I able to get a consent to let from Whistletree, and what effect would this have?
  • I have found myself in the accidental landlord situation and without consent to let from Whistletree. I had to vacate my apartment for family reasons, so am now based in another part of the country. At first I tried to sell the flat, but prices were depressed, which meant I was in negative equity. This was four years ago in 2011, which has since seen the property price increase and has allowed me time to accumulate savings. I am in now in a position where I could convert to a BTL mortgage and would like to remortgage at the same time. My concern is, will changing mortgage providers possibly alert Whistletree that I have been letting without consent to let? I appreciate that I shouldn’t have done what I did, but circumstances forced my hand. Any help will be greatly appreciated?
  • I have a self contained flat attached to my house that my dad has vacated. As the main house is large I was thinking to move into the annex and rent the remainder out. This is also due to change of circumstances. Would I require consent to let from Whistletree?
  • How simple is it to obtain a consent to let from Whistletree and what will it cost me? If I want to let out my property for two months how easy is it to fluctuate between a normal mortgage and consent to let?
  • What is the process for getting a consent to let application form from Whistletree and how quickly can I get the consent?
  • I am trying to find out if Whistletree will grant consent to let in a situation where we need to move closer to relatives in a different house albeit that we may move back the future if circumstances change.
  • I have a standard mortgage with Whistletree which is only 7 weeks long but I have been relocated with work. Is it possible to get consent to let from Whistletree for a mortgage that has only just commenced and I have just purchased the property?