Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with West Bromwich Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Common questions relating to West Bromwich Building Society consent to lease

  • Jennifer (my wife) and I may need to rent out our Hackney home for a while due to a new job. This will be for a limited period but possibly for as long as three years. Should I tell West Bromwich Building Society or should I keep schtum?

  • Can a new mortgage be taken on a consent to lease with West Bromwich Building Society?

  • I have to move my daughter’s school by mid-January and move to a new area. there is insufficient time to sell my house.The short term option is to let my house out. Currently I have buildings and contents insurance. Do I need different insurance? Am I required to get consent to let by my mortgage company West Bromwich Building Society
  • I am currently looking to buy my first home however, working as a freelancer. I want to chose a mortgage company that will permit short term letting with a homeowner mortgage so that I could rent out the property for no more than six months with long periods of absence without being required to switch to a BTL product. Can you let me know how lenders would perceive this and in particular the approach taken by West Bromwich Building Society.
  • Would I be able to remortgage to West Bromwich Building Society from my current lender, with a consent to let or do I need a let to buy homeloan, and if so what are the LTV's?
  • I recently acquired a flat with a West Bromwich Building Society home loan. However I am currently living with parents. I don't want to move in until for six months due to personal reasons. In interim can I let out the property with consent to let?
  • I am currently in the process of getting a mortgage through West Bromwich Building Society - It is possible that in the coming months I may decide to rent the property out - how would I change the normal mortgage to a buy to let mortgage?
  • I'm mulling over a remortgage offer with West Bromwich Building Society and it's likely I will need take advantage of any consent to let option if available during the fixed period. Are there any fees I should that may be applicable?