Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Teachers Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Frequently asked questions relating to Teachers Building Society consent to lease

  • I have a standard mortgage over my home in loc and am due to relocate to country for two years. During this period it makes financial sense to rent out my flat. My mortgage provider has declined to grant me consent to let. I am not inclined to transfer to a buy to let loan as it’s only for a short period that I am abroad for.

  • I have been stupid in failing to notify Teachers Building Society that I’m leasing my house out. Ideally I would like to do the right thing with as little adverse implication as possible. If Teachers Building Society says yes, is there any way of them knowing that I’ve already been renting it without consent?
  • I am looking for some initial insight to consider if consent to let is a viable proposition. I bought my apartment 7 months ago by transferring an existing Teachers Building Society mortgage product. My fixed rate came to an end three months ago. I'm currently considering moving in with a new partner who has his own property and mortgage also with Teachers Building Society, which I would not seek to be added to. I don't wish to sell my property yet because I'm unsure of whether the new move will work out. I don't want to move to a buy to let mortgage yet for 2 reasons: 1) I need to discover if it is a marketable property with rents higher than my mortgage payments and 2) I need to come up with extra capital to satisfy the 65% LTV ratio required for a buy to let mortgage. It would be preferable to receive consent to let from Teachers Building Society for 1-2 years in order to be more secure in becoming a possible landlord and to generate the capital. If at the end of the consent to let period I was unsure I would probably either sell my property or, depending on the new relationship working out, resume living there.
  • My OH have a fixed rate mortgage with Teachers Building Society for 2 yrs and have been living in the apartment for just under eighteen months. Due to work I need to vacate so I would like to let the place out. What is the best way to go about getting consent to let from Teachers Building Society?
  • I am relocating for work for as long as a year... I was wondering if I was able to gain from Teachers Building Society consent to let the house out while overseas as I am reluctant to leave it unoccupied for that long
  • I am interested in some advice on how best to approach my mortgage provider Teachers Building Society regarding a 'Consent-to-Let' application. Is this a task you can offer guidance on ?
  • I am looking at some alternative lifestyle. I have a Teachers Building Society mortgage, if I become a Australian resident but wish to rent my UK house, ...what steps should I take to get consent to let. Can this be obtained on via email ?
  • I was wondering if you can help. I require consent to let from Teachers Building Society and would like to know if this option is available to me to move to as I need to move back home to look after my mum