Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with The Royal Bank of Scotland plc One Account? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Common questions relating to RBS (One Account) consent to lease

  • What do I do if my application for consent to lease is rejected by RBS (One Account)?

  • I have just come off the phone to RBS (One Account) who have advised me that they have found out that I have been letting out the garden flat even though it is on a resi mortgage. I had to move two years ago for childcare reasons, couldn't sell and was left with little option but to rent out my property. Are you able to advise me on the ramifications may be for me not getting consent to let?
  • My husband and I reside in a house where we have some vacant bedrooms. We are exploring the opportunity of creating an AirBnB style business to rent rooms out on a short term basis. Is this kind of thing permitted in accordance with RBS (One Account)’s consent to let protocol?
  • Enquiring if RBS (One Account) conduct any checks when applying for a resi mortgage, I'm ideally looking to lease the property out and am unsure as to whether I should apply for consent to let. How likely are they to find out if I let the house out?
  • I am looking to RBS (One Account) to grant consent to let out my home in Newham. I am moving to Mexico for 8 months for work.
  • Six weeks ago I purchased my property and took out a mortgage with RBS (One Account) but my boyfriend has asked me to move in with him. Would I be allowed consent to let?
  • I was just wondering how to get consent to let from RBS (One Account) I phone them or apply formally in writing to them?
  • I am looking into the option of leasing out my flat with consent to let from RBS (One Account) whist away travelling for four months