Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Newbury Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Newbury Building Society consent to let: Q and A’s

  • My partner and I will move back to Germanyin Month, initially short-term but conceivably longer term. I have contacted Newbury Building Society to obtain consent to let out the home in Newbury Building Society. I have been with Newbury Building Society for 6 years and I have never had any arrears. Newbury Building Society inform me, that even if they grant consent to let, that this will be limited consent for a period of twelve months. Do I then need to reapply?

  • How many months do I have to live in the property before applying for consent to let from Newbury Building Society? I completed on my flat with a Newbury Building Society mortgage ninemonths ago.
  • A friend of mine recently sought CTL from the Woolwich which they refused because the mortgage had not been going for even half a year. I am about to seek consent to let from Newbury Building Society. Do they take the same approach?
  • I acquired a garden flat in Bromley in 2006 and remortgaged with Newbury Building Society on a rate which expires in the later this year. If I go overseas for work and want to let out my property what would I need to do to get consent to let and what are the consequences?
  • Is there a maximum period that Newbury Building Society is willing to issue Consent To Let for?
  • How much of my loan allowance will be made available to borrow if I change my mortgage to a consent to let with Newbury Building Society?
  • I am looking at some alternative lifestyle. I have a Newbury Building Society mortgage, if I become a Australian resident but wish to rent my UK house, do I need to get consent to let from Newbury Building Society to do this ?
  • In the event that I was successful in obtaining consent to let from Newbury Building Society, could I sell during the consent period? Is it possible that I would incur any penalties?