Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with National Westminster Bank plc? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

National Westminster Bank Consent to Lease Example Support Desk Enquires

  • If I decided to let out my garden flat with consent to let with National Westminster Bank, what evidence would be required of the letting? If after twelve months I decided to let it on a series of holiday term lets, am I still required to supply proof to National Westminster Bank, or will they leave me alone as long as they receive payment each month? For example if I let the rooms individually at a later stage, is there any reason for National Westminster Bank to be informed and would they care?
  • My boyfriend and I (co-owners) are in the process of remortgaging with National Westminster Bank. I was doing some research concerning consent to let from National Westminster Bank to understand the rules around potentially renting our current apartment out (probably in a year or 2) if we moved away. The apartment in question was a first-time purchase for us about two years ago. We are living there now.
  • For a variety of reasons I intend moving in with my girlfriend next week and I have let my property out to two students on a twelve month AST. The application for consent to let from National Westminster Bank is in hand but what if they refuse. I can’t rescind on my contract in terms of backing out of renting the students as the paperwork is finalised. On the flip-side National Westminster Bank could take me to court for contravention of a condition i.e. letting it out without consent to let.
  • My wife and I are intent on buying a property, letting a couple of the bedrooms out to help cover the loan with National Westminster Bank, and then moving on in a few years time - when the property would be fully rented. How likely is it that National Westminster Bank would look at this unfavourably as I will have been issued with a non-commercial homeloan rather than a B2L or consent to let? I've heard that in extreme situations they can repossess the property, is this correct?
  • I would like to know the criteria for consent to let from National Westminster Bank and what fees are to be incurred. Last week I moved in with my wife and have a family member wanting to let out the property.
  • My National Westminster Bank mortgage fixed rate expires in September and have to relocate for work soon after. Will I be able to both remortgage and gain consent to let?
  • Just wanted to know what needs to be provided to National Westminster Bank in order to get consent to let? I just finished a three year fixed mortgage and potentially moving to another apartment with my girlfriend.
  • What are the implication if a borrower has already let the property for some years as an HMO and now want to legalise the situation with National Westminster Bank by obtaining consent to let ? (assume National Westminster Bank had previously given a homeowner mortgage on it some time ago)