Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with National Counties Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Top Five Questions relating to National Counties Building Society consent to lease

  • I have my 2 bed flat in Westminster on the market but notwithstanding a couple of viewings there is a lack of interest so far. As a backup option I am considering leasing out the property if cant find a buyer. I dont foresee a problem getting consent to let from the freeholder. My mortgage broker has told me that in such a situation I may be obliged to switch to a BTL mortgage yet I probably don't have enough equity needed. What's the worst that could happen if I was to just keep the existing National Counties Building Society home loan and rent out the flat on the QT I was told that they can put a marker on you for mortgage fraud once find out. Is that right?
  • In what circumstances will consent to let for a property be granted via National Counties Building Society? How long do you have to have had owned the property before consent to let can be granted by National Counties Building Society? In order to give you some perspective we are moving abroad for 20 months with my wife’s company and will need to rent our property. I am interested in being given consent to let initially with a view to renting the property out to offset the expense of the National Counties Building Society mortgage.
  • I am interested to know how challenging it would be to obtain consent to let with National Counties Building Society. I am considering fixed deals and plan to live at the property but want to know my options for example - if a job elsewhere was offered to me for a year abroad Please let me know how challenging it is in your experience with National Counties Building Society?
  • Is it possible to convert a standard mortgage with National Counties Building Society to a consent to let. It will be less than 65% ltv and it would change from capital and interest repayment to interest only?
  • How much is it to get a consent to let from National Counties Building Society on my residential property. Last week I moved in with my partner and have a family member renting from me.
  • I took a domestic mortgage with National Counties Building Society, and I would like to lease the house out, until I decide whether to sell or keep it as an investment. As things stand I am on the fixed rate. Will I need to remortgage? I.E. buy to let?
  • Me and my partner am looking into the option of letting out my flat with consent to let from National Counties Building Society whist away travelling for four months
  • We are mulling over a remortgage offer with National Counties Building Society and it's a strong possibility that I will end up asking for consent to let during the fixed period. Are there any penalties I should that may be applicable?