Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Monmouthshire Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Monmouthshire Building Society consent to let: Q and A’s

  • I work for a letting agency in loc and a potential tenant for the house has demanded a copy of the ‘consent to let’ from the owners lender Monmouthshire Building Society. Is this a new type standard inquiry?

  • I have a ground floor flat in Redbridge let out which has a fifty year lease. Mortgage broker said I should refinance (currently with Monmouthshire Building Society) as a buy to let instead of consent to let and release 55-60k which on top of a new mortgage based on my income would give me a budget of £210k. Not much about in Bromley for me to get my own place. To extend the lease will be in region of 19k. Lease out with consent to let or sell the flat?
  • My flat has a mortgage against it with Monmouthshire Building Society and I have been renting my apartment omitting to get consent to let, making me in breach of my mortgage terms and condition. They may have suspicions that I am not residing there. Is my only option is to sell the property prior to being repossessed?
  • Me and my husband are in a tricky mortgage scenario in the last couple of month. We have to rent our home with consent to let and move to a different location to be nearer to our daughter’s college. We are about to rent a home. We are finding it extremely difficult to find a better mortgage deal for our consent to let home. Is there is a list available as to which lenders grant consent to let and what their conditions are?
  • I'm gathering some information on whether consent to let is something available to me? We have a Monmouthshire Building Society mortgage and are considering renting the place out for two years, but cannot really afford to switch to a buy to let mortgage. The estate agent mentioned something about a content to let
  • We have already been told to write a letter to Monmouthshire Building Society to obtain consent to let, I'm just trying to find some guidelines on the letter? What I should or shouldn't include?
  • Does my LTV need to be at a certain ratio to allow me to apply for a consent to let from my mortgage lender Monmouthshire Building Society. Will it make a difference that I only recently out the mortgage two months ago?
  • I'm mulling over a remortgage offer with Monmouthshire Building Society and it's a strong possibility that I will end up asking for consent to let at some point in the fixed period. Are there any charges I should that may be applicable?