Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Melton Mowbray Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Sample questions relating to Melton Mowbray Building Society consent to let

  • I have a homeowner mortgage with Melton Mowbray Building Society and will be joining the Royal Fleet Auxiliary in January. This is a civilian manned fleet owned by the MOD. I will be at sea four months on and three months in the UK. During my time on assignment I want to let out my house in Lewisham and move in with my sister when on shore. Will this be granted?
  • Because of my career, I am confident that Melton Mowbray Building Society will provide me with Consent to Let from the outset of owning a property. My intention is to purchase a property in Sutton and lease it out, I will remain in the house that is provided (rent payable) by my employer. As I will be leasing out the property I will obviously have to complete a Self Assessment Tax Return, but I just want to check that although it is the only house I own (and it is not on a buy to let mortgage), will I still be able to utilize Tax relief for the interest on the loan and the expenses of letting out the property. I can only find advice for those with a buy-to-let mortgage, but mine will technically not be B2L.
  • I found tenants for my property six months ago and didn't tell Melton Mowbray Building Society. I have a three year residential mortgage (large amount of equity in it, never defaulted) and want to let Melton Mowbray Building Society know and get consent to let for the remaining 24 months of my mortgage . I am unsure what to do.
  • Meeting with my IFA on Tuesday. I am going to apply for Consent to Let from my current lender Melton Mowbray Building Society. My new property in Southwark will be 90% LTV. I have been told by a friend that some lenders turn away consent to let customers and I may encounter difficulties regarding my new mortgage. Is there any truth in this?
  • I was just wondering if Melton Mowbray Building Society would issue me with consent to let and what kind of charges, penalties and new rates etc
  • We are about to buy a flat and plan to live in it once we have renovated but we may need to let the property out but not clear on what the rules are on consent to let from Melton Mowbray Building Society? We don't require a buy to let mortgage because we are not certain if we will need to let it out at all
  • I am trying to investigate if it is possible to get a consent to let mortgage with Melton Mowbray Building Society rather than a buy to let mortgage
  • Do Melton Mowbray Building Society respond positively to requests for consent to let? I am just considering this in order to move house in the coming months