Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Kent Reliance (a trading name of OneSavings Bank plc)? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Kent Reliance consent to let: Q and A’s

  • We have a Kent Reliance home loan and are are up to date with payments, in gainful employment etc. Do you know how much the fees are and if Kent Reliance usually grant consent to let without porting the loan to a different deal?

  • What's the difference btw consent to let and buy to let? What is the consent to let rate offered by Kent Reliance?
  • Next month I will be moving to Australia. Rather than sell my house, I would like to rent it out, just in case things don’t go as expected. My present mortgage is with Kent Reliance. If I looked to remortgage would a new provider consider this as me seeking to avoid a Buy To Let mortgage, of which there is very restricted availability for 80% LTV, and therefore refuse my application for Consent to Let?
  • I am looking to apply to Kent Reliance for consent to let on my existing residential property in Merton. I am planning to release equity from my existing house ahead of this, and using that money to buy a further residential property. I will live in that property whilst renovating it for nine months at which point the intention is to sell it then move back to my existing property. Is this something Kent Reliance will consider consent to let for or is that out of their criteria?
  • Do I need to wait for consent to let to be given on my existing residential mortgage with Kent Reliance before applying for a resi mortgage on a second property?
  • My fiance and I have a mortgage with Kent Reliance and would be thinking about buying another main residence and then subsequently leasing our current home out. Do I need consent to let from Kent Reliance?
  • Is there a fixed or maximum term how long I could let my house out to a family member with consent to let from Kent Reliance. I no longer want to live in the area and want to buy a new home?
  • About to remortgage my flat but will likely be moving out in the near future and would be looking to let it out. What would I need to do to get consent to let from Kent Reliance?