Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Investec Bank plc? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Frequently asked questions relating to Investec consent to lease

  • We are a newly married couple and we have identified a apartment in Greenwich that we like and want to take out a mortgage with Investec. My concern is that I am pregnant and about to give birth very soon as I am on my 9th month of pregnancy. This wouldn't make it impossible for us to move right away so we are thinking to keep living with our parents for about six months. In the meantime, if we get this property, we can lease it out. I was just wondering how will that work out? Will we be liable to obtain consent to let by Investec
  • I am looking to get a consent to let from Investec as my personal circumstances have changed. My stepdaughter started college and I felt we would move nearby and chose to purchase a property as opposed to rent for 3 years. After having bought the house there has been serious deterioration in my relationship with my my step daughter and she is unwilling to live in it. Since the whole point was for her and the house location is not particularly ideal for my work I would like to leave and let the property
  • My brother and I are joint proprietors of a flat in Lambeth with a Investec mortgage. I want to leave and buy a new property with my fiancee. How do I deal with finding a tenant for my room? Would I need consent to let from Investec. My brother will continue to live in the property
  • I have a homeowner mortgage coming up for renewal with Investec. I have had the property rented out for a few years and I now realise I should come clean to Investec. I understand that it is possible to request consent to lease, but bearing in mind that the property has already been let out could they deny - insist I go onto a BTL rate and even fine me? I have over 50% equity in the property - and the rental income far exceeds the monthly loan payments.
  • My OH and I were wondering if it's possible if you own one property with consent to let from Investec, to buy a second with a homeowner mortgage to live in. Then once the consent runs out on the first property, to change to buy to let or sell it?
  • How much is it to get a consent to let from Investec on my residential property. Last week I moved in with my partner and have a friend renting from me.
  • I have a question I'd like to ask...if consent to let is given by Investec would it usually stipulate a time limit, such as one year?
  • I am enquiring as to whether there are any costs in obtaining consent to let on a leasehold property when I have a mortgage with Investec