Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Harpenden Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Recently asked questions relating to Harpenden Building Society consent to lease

  • Will Harpenden Building Society invoke a right to change the rates on a non-commercial mortgage where Consent to Let at any time, onto ‘rates akin to their Buy to Let range'?

  • I'm about to get in touch with Harpenden Building Society for consent to let out my house in Harpenden Building Society. However I have put the house on the market but there is no interest and paying a full mortgage, council tax and insurance on an empty house is exhausting my finances. What approach would Harpenden Building Societytake if I market the property?

  • We currently have a three year fixed term home loan with Harpenden Building Society that we're approximately one year into. Our situation has now altered and we would like to rent out our flat for a year and whilst we relocate to Newham. How do we minimise the possibility of Harpenden Building Society rejecting consent to let.
  • I took a loan out on a 2 bed flat last May however I will be working outside of commuting distance of Brent in the medium term but hope to find work closer in the long term. Given I have not had property long I will lose money if I sell and do plan to return to Brent so would like to keep it. How likely are Harpenden Building Society to allow a consent to let and what are the financial implications ?
  • Harpenden Building Society. Will they issue consent to let a house for two years? I reoccupy as an owner.
  • My OH and I have a domestic mortgage with Harpenden Building Society and are deliberating on obtaining consent to let so that we can apply for another mortgage on another property that I own on a buy to let basis. Before we apply it would be helpful to know the repercussions if any of making the change and any facts that we need to be aware of.
  • My Harpenden Building Society mortgage fixed rate ends in January and have to relocate for work then. What are the chances that I will be able to both refinance and gain consent to let?
  • I am planning on relocating inside the next nine months and want to let my property out. My interest rate is fixed with Harpenden Building Society. I am concerned that a rate hike would be too much if that was linked to obtaining consent to let