Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with The Royal Bank of Scotland plc First Active? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

RBS- First Active consent to let: Q and A’s

  • Following retirement last year I acquired a “retirement home” for my wife and myself to move to. We would like to let our current property to our kids and I have therefore applied to RBS- First Active for consent to let. I was just seeking a general view on whether RBS- First Active currently allows it?
  • I own a house that's currently under shared ownership (My share is 50%) purchased in September 2014. I plan to go through the full purchase of the house. Me and my wife have also got a second house that we are looking to buy. Mortgage in principle has been issued by RBS- First Active. I want to know that I will be able to put the existing house through consent to let as soon as the remainder share has been purchased so, that we can start the process of buying the new home
  • I have had a RBS- First Active mortgage for less than a year but I recently found out I am about lose my job. I would like tips on securing consent to let by RBS- First Active
  • Me and my girlfriend hope to buy a property together. Idea is for me to get consent to let my flat from RBS- First Active. Thinking further ahead - when my 2 year fixed comes to an end - how would it work if I wanted to remortgage then?
  • I am looking for some generic information on consent to let with RBS- First Active: I am moving to become a non-UK resident. Potentially for many years. However I will be on a 3 month test period .I'm wanting to know how to go about getting consent to let from RBS- First Active and what charges are to be incurred
  • We are interested in understanding the RBS- First Active consent to let procedure and prerequisites for granting.
  • I am looking at some alternative lifestyle. I have a RBS- First Active mortgage, if I become a US resident but wish to rent my UK house, ...what steps should I take to get consent to let. Can this be obtained on the phone ?
  • I was just enquiring how to obtain consent to let from RBS- First I call them or write a letter to them?