Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Bradford & Bingley plc? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Frequently asked questions relating to Bradford & Bingley consent to lease

  • My husband and I bought a flat in 2007 for 230,00 with Bradford & Bingley. My husband’s job requires him to relocate to Qatar and realise that I need to obtain consent to let from Bradford & Bingley. Will they grant permission?

  • Soon to be packing up as my partner and I are moving to Tokyoin Month, possibly temporarily but potentially longer term. We have just applied to Bradford & Bingley for consent to let out our property (we have already found tenants). I have had a mortgage with Bradford & Bingley for three years and I am up to date with payments. Bradford & Bingley say, that even if they give permission, that this is a short term consent for a period of twelve months. And then what?

  • A friend of mine has let her property off the same landlord for nearly 2 years. During the last year my friend has received letters from Bradford & Bingley (she hasn't opened them-it is clear from the envelope). For the first coulpe she forwarded them to her landlord’s address. My suspicions were aroused as none of her landlady's post was meant to be going there. I decided to go to my friends house and phoned Bradford & Bingley on her behalf. The gentleman I spoke to at Bradford & Bingley had a long list of queries, the landlord’s details, information on the tenant and then said they were going to investigate whether she was entitled tolet out the property or if it was an offence in the absence of consent to let. What does this mean for my friend?
  • I recently got married and my wife and I would like to purchase a family home in the coming year, whilst keeping our ground floor flat in Enfield we currently live in to rent out. Mortgage on the flat is with Bradford & Bingley. I don't want to put myself in a situation with two residential properties and then be refused consent to let.
  • Will Bradford & Bingley want to know my reasons for seeking consent to let? Is it wise to disclose my possible move abroad?
  • I am looking to Bradford & Bingley to grant consent to let out my studio flat in Bexley. I am moving to look after my step-mum who has liver failure
  • Due to work opportunities I will be relocating to Scotland and would like to rent the flat temporarily, please let me know what action I need to take in order to get consent to let from Bradford & Bingley?
  • Last month I acquired a flat using a Bradford & Bingley home loan. However I am currently living with mother and father. I don't want to move in until for six months due to some family issues. In interim can I let out the property with consent to let?