Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Birmingham Midshires? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Examples of recent questions relating to Birmingham Midshires consent to let

  • Doing everything by the book I’ve been leasing out my house with "consent to let" from Birmingham Midshires on a residential mortgage for the last three years. Birmingham Midshires have now advised that they are withdrawing their consent to let if we do not move across to one of their "buy to let" loans.

  • I have leased out my 2 bed flat in Bexley for the last two years, and I didn't realise that I had to get consent to let. I would like rectify the situation. Would this be an issue?
  • Am I obliged to notify Birmingham Midshires of my plan to rent a room out to a lodger. I have two spare rooms that could be used by lodgers and I was thinking that as the occupancy remains in keeping with that of the 'family' use of the property it might not require consent to let. Can you help clarify? I am taking independent advice on the insurance, legal and tax ramifications.
  • My mortgage is with Birmingham Midshires and wonder if I am duty bound to notify them if we no longer reside in the property. I fear that they may up the interest rate if we move and find a tenant but it's far from apparent what the increase would be. If I decide to let my property out and apply for consent to let how would the payments change?
  • I'm thinking about letting my property on a homeowner mortgage with Birmingham Midshires what is the procedure for getting consent to let?
  • I am considering relocating with work and would need to rent my property out. I have a mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. My property is worth approx £185k and owe £85k on it. Do you think Birmingham Midshires increase my mortgage rate?
  • We have an annexe in our garden. Do we need consent to let this from Birmingham Midshires? If so, what is the process if I would like to switch the mortgage to consent to let?
  • I have a mortgage with Birmingham Midshires. I am considering moving out and letting out my house. Am I required to obtain consent to let ?