Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with The Royal Bank of Scotland plc Virgin One? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Top Five Questions relating to RBS - Virgin One consent to lease

  • Can RBS - Virgin One activate a right to increase interest rates on a regular mortgage that has just been approved for Consent to Let at any time, onto ‘rates akin to their Buy to Let loans'?

  • I acquired a house in 2013 for 305,000 with RBS - Virgin One. My husbands career requires that we move to Belgium and now wish to obtain consent to let from RBS - Virgin One. Do you have any experience of consent to let from RBS - Virgin One?

  • Always on the look out for a money making scheme I am contemplating leasing out my cottage and make money from it whilst on vacation. I only plan to be away for a month. Will consent to let be needed from RBS - Virgin One?

  • My house had been let to students for three years from 2010-2013 while living Amsterdam. I have a letter dated May 2010 from the lender granting consent to let. In the letter it clearly states that the consent to let is valid for "the remaining term of the mortgage". I have not remortgaged since the letter was sent. I now plan to move house and rent out my existing house. However, my IFA has suggested that the 2010 consent to let letter may not satisfy the new lender RBS - Virgin One for the property I intend to purchase.Can this be correct
  • RBS - Virgin One. Will they grant consent to let a property for 18 months? I reoccupy as a resident.
  • Will RBS - Virgin One want to know why I am seeking consent to let? Is it wise to inform them of my potential move overseas?
  • I am a RBS - Virgin One borrower. I would like to apply for consent to let my property. I have been waiting for a response from RBS - Virgin One. Could you please check and help?
  • Does my loan to value need to be at a certain level to allow me to apply for a consent to let from my mortgage lender RBS - Virgin One. Will any consideration be given to the fact that I only drew down on the mortgage four months ago?