Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with TSB plc? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

TSB consent to let: Q and A’s

  • Is consent to let needed from TSB or can I rent out my new house without telling TSB and having to transfer to a buy-to-let loan?

  • If push comes to shove what action TSB can take if I have let out my house if consent to let is not first obtained?

  • I have a two bed leasehold flat via a TSB mortgage and have a lodger in the 2nd bedroom. I have decided to take a job in a different city and will look for a property to rent. My lodger doesn't want to leave so is willing to pay an increased rent. Am I obliged to get consent to let from TSB?
  • Hi, I have consent to let my house with TSB and am about to give my tenant two months notice as I wish to sell the property. I am concerned about the property being empty once the tenant leaves and finding a buyer. Not once have I missed a payment on the account, is it likely that I would be able to take payment holidays pending the sale of the property?
  • Can I refinance with TSB with consent to let if my fixed rate is coming to an end. Circumstances would not have changed.
  • I want to take in in a lodger for my garden flat in Tower Hamlets which I live in. My mortgage is with TSB. How do I go about getting a consent to let?
  • Will TSB choose to operate a right to convert the rates on a owner-occupier mortgage where Consent to Let at any time, onto ‘rates equivalent to their BTL range'? Is it possible to refinance on a consent to let with TSB?
  • Is there leeway in the accepted equity ration before transferring from a current TSB mortgage to a consent to let?