Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Skipton Building Society? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Sample questions relating to Skipton Building Society consent to let

  • If I were to let out my one bedroom apartment with consent to let by Skipton Building Society, what proof would be required of tenancy? If after 1 year I decided to let it on a series of holiday term lets, am I still required to supply proof to Skipton Building Society, or will they leave me alone as long as they receive payment each month? For instance if I let the rooms individually at a later stage, is there any reason for Skipton Building Society to be informed and would they take issue?
  • I am applying for a mortgage with Skipton Building Society, but we have hit a snag. My husband works in a boarding school, and as such living quarters is a perk of the job. We wanted to purchase a garden flat with a view to joining the property ladder, and let it out while we're based at the school. I had thought Skipton Building Society would be willing to give consent to let from day one of the loan. It appears that we may not be granted consent to let. Can you give me any advice?
  • My brother and his fiance currently lodge with me at my flat. After Christmas I would like to move out of the flat and in with my GF. How likely is it that I will be able to get consent to let from Skipton Building Society after only having the mortgage for 6 months?
  • I sought consent but I did not get it as I did a remortgage in May but Woolwich does not give consent if mortgage is less than 6 months old. Now I am worried when 6 months is gone are they going to find some additional criteria that will not be ok. As a backup plan I can remortgage with Skipton Building Society but will they give me consent straight away?
  • I was just wondering if Skipton Building Society would grant consent to let and what kind of charges, penalties and rate increase etc
  • When it comes to consent to let from Skipton Building Society am I supposed to inform them every time we get a new tenant and send them a copy of the lease?
  • Were I to let my house out with consent to let from Skipton Building Society will will theyjack up the interest rate? I am presently on a fixed rate for three years.
  • I was just enquiring how to obtain consent to let from Skipton Building I phone them or write a letter to them?