Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Secure Trust Bank PLC? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Secure Trust Bank consent to let: Q and A’s

  • We are presently one year into a year fixed rate mortgage with Secure Trust Bank. Ideally we would like to buy a bigger second property in the next few months however would like to retain the first property and I was enquiring as to what reason we could put down on the consent to let application to get their approval
  • I am contacting you on behalf of my cousin who has a mortgage with Secure Trust Bank. He asked me to find out if there is a fee for consent to let? He has been in his property for two years but has been offered a job abroad away for a two year contract and is considering leasing the flat out while he is away.
  • Me and my wife have a fixed mortgage with Secure Trust Bank (with just over one year left) but due to redundancy want to move away from London (actually to a new job in Poland) and so want to let the property out. We don't want to have the expense of an early redemption penalty and understand that some lenders happily grant this 'consent'...what is the policy adopted by Secure Trust Bank?
  • I have been leasing my flat to a tenant for two years but not on a buy to let mortgage as I thought that you only needed a BTL if you had more than one mortgage. In trying to purchase a further property, I found that I should have had consent to let all along from my mortgage provider Secure Trust Bank. I'm enquiring whether I can now ask Secure Trust Bank for a consent to let?
  • I have a residential home. I would like remortgage with Secure Trust Bank and either change to buy to let or consent to let. I'm still within the Early Redemption Charge period so not sure if it would trigger the penalty payment?
  • Was wondering how to seek a consent to let from Secure Trust Bank with whom I have a mortgage with. There is an outstanding balance of 57k. The value of house is 245k. Property is in my name but my wife and I would like to purchase a studio flat in Haringey we have seen together. How do we go about it?
  • Is consent to let a cheaper way of becoming a landlord? Isn't this a loophole for some people to exploit?
  • Soon to remortgage my property but will likely be moving out in the near future and would be looking to rent it out. Do you think I can get buy to let or consent to let from Secure Trust Bank?