Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with The Royal Bank of Scotland plc? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Royal Bank of Scotland consent to let: Q and A’s

  • I have a residential loan with Royal Bank of Scotland. I wanted to purchase a further property and my financial adviser advised me to apply for a consent to let. As far as I am aware they only accept the consent to let where it is my intention to go back to my current home. Am I getting the right advice?
  • Me and my brother are joint proprietors of a small apartment in Barnet with a Royal Bank of Scotland mortgage. I am looking to move on and purchase a new property with my fiancee. How should I deal with letting out my room? Do I need consent to let from Royal Bank of Scotland. My brother will remain in the flat
  • My OH and I may be presented with an opportunity to work in a different office in the UK for a three months and wish to know if we can let our existing apartment. It is a two year fixed rate and we are four months into the mortgage with Royal Bank of Scotland. We have lived at the property for nearly 3.5 years. Our LTV is 70%. Are we likely to get consent to let from Royal Bank of Scotland? What can we expect in fees etc
  • We have a flat in Brent which we acquired as a new-build about eight years ago. As we've now got a young son we require a bigger place. We've identified a property in Southwark that we wish to buy and want to keep the flat as an investment to rent out. The mortgage is with Royal Bank of Scotland and we've found a tenant who will pay rent in excess of the monthly mortgage payment. The question is, can we hold onto the repayment mortgage with Royal Bank of Scotland so we effectively paying off our mortgage on the flat or do we have to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage?
  • It is looking as though I may need to move to Boston for two years, I have a property with a Royal Bank of Scotland mortgage. Do I need to ask consent to let? Will they willing to grant this?
  • I am endeavouring to discover which mortgage providers are best for giving consent-to-let without hiking up rates, and hopefully allowing in excess of 2 years if necessary. Is that something you can help with? We are particularly interested in Royal Bank of Scotland
  • I have a house in Lewisham. I would like remortgage with Royal Bank of Scotland and either change to buy to let or consent to let. I'm still within the redemption penalty period so not sure if there such a thing as porting to some property?
  • I have had my mortgage with Royal Bank of Scotland for the previous twenty months and I am interested in finding out some more information about the possibility of getting 'consent to let’.