Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Metro Bank plc? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Common questions relating to Metro Bank consent to lease

  • Will Metro Bank invoke a right to put a loading on my interest rate on a regular mortgage that has just been approved for Consent to Let at any time, onto ‘rates in line with their BTL products'?

  • My lender has placed me in a difficult predicament with a Consent to Let mortgage. Reacting to my requisition for consent to let my lender has asked me to provide them with an executed tenancy agreement before they will grant permission. Is is not the case that if I adhered to their request that I would be violating the lender’s terms and conditions?

  • A friend of mine recently sought CTL from the Woolwich which they turned down as the mortgage had not been in place for even half a year. I am about to ask for consent to let from Metro Bank. Will they have the same rule?
  • How many months after getting a new mortgage will a consent to let be likely to be granted by Metro Bank? To give some history I bought my property in Hillingdon 2 years ago and am currently on a three year fixed rate. I since met my partner and now we are looking at moving in together. I intend to get a better fixed term next June. I assume that I would have to hold off for at least half a year before I could seek consent to let. Is that correct?
  • I already have a mortgage with Metro Bank. I am considering renting and buying another property but this is all new to me. How do I apply for consent to let from Metro Bank and what happens within the process?
  • My brother and I are considering applying to Metro Bank to obtain consent to let our house, how long does it take from the point of sending the forms to us finding a letting agent and listing our house for rent? and are there any other steps we will need to go through?
  • Is consent to let a cheaper way of becoming a landlord? Isn't this a loophole for some people to exploit?
  • I would like to lease out my home to be nearer to my son’s college and look after of my father. Do I need consent to let from my lender Metro Bank?