Need Help?

Need professional advice for your consent to let with Chelsea Building Society (a trading name of Yorkshire BS)? There are various implications when it comes to letting out your property with an existing residential mortgage - you should seek professional assistance.

Chelsea Building Society consent to let: Q and A’s

  • I purchased a flat in 2010 for 230,00 with Chelsea Building Society. My husbands career requires that we move to Gibraltar and realise that I need to apply for consent to let from Chelsea Building Society. Do you have any experience of consent to let from Chelsea Building Society?

  • I have a normal mortgage over my residence in loc and intend to move to country for a couple of years. During this period it makes financial sense to rent out my flat. My lender will not provide me with consent to let. I am not inclined to transfer to a buy to let mortgage as it’s only for a limited time-frame that I am going away for.

  • I am looking to move home and I am enquiring if I can get consent to let on my property then get a mortgage approval for the new house so I can put in an offer without being part of a chain and then lease my property out when I move. Will my lender Chelsea Building Society grant consent to let for a year if they know I am wanting to purchase a further property or only if I am moving short term with work?
  • My fixed rate expires late 2016 and I wish to fix for a further three years with Chelsea Building Society, hopefully rates will still be low. In two years time I may wish to move temporarily to a different county. How simple is it to get consent to let by Chelsea Building Society under these circumstances? I would be returning after two years to live in my property.
  • We have a mortgage with Chelsea Building Society and would be thinking about purchasing another main residence and then subsequently leasing our current property out. Would I require consent to let from Chelsea Building Society?
  • I have a mortgage with Chelsea Building Society but would like to rent my house out and move in with my partner and baby what would I have to do to obtain consent to let?
  • I may potentially need consent to let from Chelsea Building Society in the future with work. I am just seeing what the options would be if this was the case. Is there a limit on the length one can let out a property with consent?
  • I wish to get consent to let from Chelsea Building Society for two years at which point I hope to move onto a BTL. Is this possible